PF-2™ reduction ELEMENTS are designed for use in conjunction with Black Berkey® Water purification ELEMENTS to adsorb the following unwanted ELEMENTS found in drinking Water.
• ARSENIC V and pre-oxidized ARSENIC III
• Other residual heavy metal ions TECHNICAL INFORMATION:
FLUORIDE: Testing for FLUORIDE was based on 20-30ppm of the ion in the influent aqueous solution at a flow rate of no more than 3 gpm (11 lpm) per cubic foot of media. Results of < 1ppm of the FLUORIDE ion in the effluent were typical for the media (>95% reduction). Under optimum conditions, effluent concentrations of less than 50 ppb were readily achieved (>99.75% reduction).
ARSENIC: This product uniquely targets the entire family of ARSENIC oxide anions as well as the ARSENIC cations.
4) The media used in the PF-2™ filter ELEMENTS contains high-grade activated alumina (Al2O3), which currently is the most efficient media available for extracting FLUORIDE from Water. Activated alumina is inert. Below are the results we obtained when testing the PF-2™ ELEMENTS (the Water was not pre-filtered through the Black Berkey® ELEMENTS). The reduction over time is due to additional residual process dust being washed free from the PF-2™ ELEMENTS as the system is used. To give a scale for comparison purposes we include test results from a national brand toothpaste and Water boiled in an aluminum pan.
While the above results indicate that the residual process dust adds a minute amount of activated alumina to the Water, the Black Berkey® purification ELEMENTS reduce aluminum from the Water. We tested Water that naturally contained .320ppm aluminum and filtered it through the combination of the Black Berkey® and the post conditioned PF-2™ filtration ELEMENTS (5 cycles). The results showed a net reduction in aluminum contamination (Raw influent: .320ppm – Effluent after passing through the Black Berkey® and PF-2™ ELEMENTS: .232ppm). Again, the standard tests cannot distinguish between aluminum (Al) and activated alumina (Al2O3), which is inert. Nevertheless, the tests showed a net reduction by the Black Berkey® element in the combination of naturally occurring aluminum plus any residual activated alumina (Al2O3)process dust from the PF-2™ ELEMENTS.
(PF-2™ Installed in Berkey Light™)
(PF-2™ Installed in Berkey Light™)
Berkey® PF-2™ ELEMENTS (Set of Two): $59.00
- Britain now facing worst winter in SIXTY YEARS warn forecasters
- UN’s massive new climate report adds little explanation for ‘pause’ in warming
- And now it’s global Cooling! Return of Arctic ice cap as it grows by 29% in a year
- Top MIT scientist: Newest UN climate report is ‘hilariously’ flawed
- Climate Expert Warns of Impending Global Cooling Crisis
- EarthLust’s Safe Bottles New Zealand
- World’s temperature hasn’t risen for the last 15 years
- ‘Days of eating Pacific Ocean fish are over’
- Nuclear crisis: Japan desperate attempt to stop Fukushima leaks
- BPA Free Bottles, Stainless Steel New Zealand
EnvironmentANSI Australia BENEFITS BIOSAFE Black Berkey BPA camping Canada Chemicals Dissolved Solids Drink Bottles ELEGANT emergencies EPA FEATURES Filter Bottle filtered water Filter Replacement HEALTHY HISTORY IPCC Klean Kanteen Klean Kanteen Classic Metallic Blue Metallic Red New Zealand NSF POWERFUL PROVEN purifier Read Full Article Red Cross Seychelle Stainless Steel Sport Berkey stainless steel stainless steel bottles Storage Capacity Tap Water UN United States US USA Water Water Filter Bottle Water Purifier